USSD fund transfer is a fast and convenient way of making money transfer, you do not need to enter a bank or go to the ATM to do a transfer.
USSD means Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, which allows you to pay bills by just dialing a short code from your phone.The evolving technology did not leave the banking sector behind, almost all banks now have their special USSD code which can be used for buying airtime, making money transfer,checking account balance or even opening a quick account.
All these are wired to the line you used in opening the account, if you did lose your sim and do not plan on doing ” a sim welcome back” ensure you visit your bank branch in order to update your new sim credentials.
All USSD transactions requires a pin which most time you would be the one to set, this is done to curb activity of fraudsters. If you misplaced your sim ensure you contact your bank immediately to deactivate outgoing transactions.
USSD transfer is fast, reliable and convenient, you can find the list of Nigeria’s bank USSD code for transfer and airtime recharge.
List of Transfer Codes(USSD) For Major Banks 2017
Guaranty Trust Bank
Guaranty trust bank is the leading bank in terms of electronic banking.They were one of the first to introduce USSD banking.GTB’s USSD code is *737#. The minimum transfer limit is 1000NGN and max is 200,000NGN daily.
- To transfer from Gtbank to Gtbank- dial *737*1*Amount* Receiver’s GTB Account Number# for example *737*1*5500*0126445892#.
- To transfer from Gtbank to Other banks- dial *737*2*Amount* Receiver’s Account Number# for example *737*2*5500*309445892#. You would be asked to select destination bank i.e the bank you intend transfering money to.
- To recharge your mobile line dial *737# and select airtime purchase.
First Bank of Nigeria
To make a quick transfer from one of Nigeria’s oldest bank- First Bank.
- Simply dial *894*Amount*Account Number#. for example, to transfer 10000NGNto 0126445893, dial *894*10000*0126445893#.
- For airtime purchase dial *894*Amount# for self recharge or *894*Amount*Mobile Number# to recharge another line.
Here is how you can transfer with fidelity bank USSD code.
- Dial *770*Account Number*Amount#, example *770*1234567890*3000#.
- Make sure the mobile number is registered/linked with your Fidelity Bank account.
- After dialing the code, select the beneficiary bank’s name.
- Enter your personal transfer PIN to confirm transfer.
Note: if you haven’t used this service before, you would be prompted to create a PIN
Dial *770# ->Enter account number-> Select a 4-digit PIN for your account.
Here is how you can transfer with access bank USSD code
- Just dial *901# and follow the instructions.
First city Monument Bank(FCMB)
Here is how you can transfer with Fcmb bank USSD code.
Dial *389*214# to used the FCMB USSD mobile banking service.
FCMB would welcome you with the following options:
- Activate with card.
- Activate with account.
- Activate with wallet.
Follow the step below:
- Choose option 2,click send and enter an your account number.
- Visit any FCMB branch to generate a PIN or simply call their help service on 01-2798800.
- Once your PIN has been created; dial *398*214# on the phone and click on security.
- Select Change PIN to enter your default pin and enter your new 4 digit PIN when prompted.
Dial *389*214# for subsequent access to FCMB mobile service,Then follow the prompt.
If this process is too complex for you, kindly work into any FCMB branch nearest to you, their customer service would be glad to set it up for you in no time.
Here is how you can transfer with Ecobank USSD code.
Ecobank currently do not have USSD code for fund transfer, However you can install the new mobile App which helps you transfer from Ecobank to another bank.
- Go to playstore and download the app.
- Select country->select language->input telephone number->activate->enter old pin->enter new pin->comfirm new pin.
United Bank of Africa
Here is how you can transfer with UBA USSD code.
- Dial *919# and follow the prompt from your registered phone number to begin.
Here is how you can transfer with zenith bank USSD code.
- Dial *966*Amount*Account Number# for transfers. an typical example is *966*20000*012655892# to transfer 20,000NGN.
Here is how you can transfer with union bank USSD code.
Dial *389*038# and follow keenly the the instruction to be able to be able to transfer
Here is how you can transfer with sterling bank USSD code.
Dial *822# on the phone number registered to your sterling account and follow the steps below;
- Dial *822# in the phone number registered to your sterling bank account.
- A PIN is required to complete transactions through the USSD code.You will need to register for a pin via *822# service.
These USSD codes are very useful when there is no internet to power your mobile app, so without Internet you can still make transfer of fund at any moment.
All USSD code are working as the time of publishing this post. if you find any interesting updates kindly use the contact section to notify us. Thanks!